My experience with entering social media-driven ‘group builds” has never been good, and I guess I haven’t learned from my mistakes, but here goes anyway. I started this thing about 2 weeks ago. It started out as a Hasegawa F-4G and it’s been sitting on a shelf collecting dust for over 2 decades. I’m converting it to a QF-4E target drone primarily because I really like to model badly weathered aircraft. I started to use and equally old Black Box resin cockpit set, but most of the parts crumbled when I tried to remove them from their pour stubs. I ended up using a couple of parts like the RIO’s instrument panel and a map holder. The seats are from an Eduard F-4J set for the new Academy kit (another disaster).The kit is actually not that bad. The detailing is pretty good and the fit is excellent. My models are never that accurate and this one will be no exception. The instruments are really soviet instrument decals. I think these are flown out of Tyndall AFB, but I may be wrong.
6 attached images. Click to enlarge.