I had this one sitting on the shelf for a couple of months, waiting for its cockpit to be fixed. The SH Buckeye is a good kit and comes with a resin cockpit and some PE. Sure, it is somewhat of a short-run kit with fit issues which require careful test fitting and lots of patience. But the detail is all there, and it is a subject you do not see too often.
What put me off for some time was the idea of having to hack the cockpit apart in order to raise the rear portion. Without modification, it sits noticeably too low, and the poor backseat driver wouldn’t be able to see out the windows…
Sadly, I did not take any pictures during the build process, so I can only share the recent progress on painting. The whole thing was primed with Tamiya XF-1 Flat Black, afterwards I traced the camo scheme with a thin white pencil. The camo was sprayed freehand, using Lifecolor Acrylics and starting with FS36440, followed by FS36231 and FS35164. I added some corrosion control and painted-over patches, using a pic of the real thing as a reference.
Right now I am waiting for the gloss coat (Tamiya X-22) to dry, then I will mask off the areas to be painted black, like the nose and wing leading edges.
4 attached images. Click to enlarge.