1/48 Zoukei-Mura F-4J

Started by Brian Scott · 12 · 7 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Brian Scott said 7 years, 3 months ago:

I am pretty happy with the new Zoukie-Mura F-14J . The cockpit detail is allot better then the Hasegawa and Academy phantom kits. The fir of parts is another plus. I cant wait for thenm to release the F-4S next .

Cheers Brian

• Profile Photo

A little more progress . main wing assembled and again nice fit. I had to use a little vallejo filler on the ares under the wing where the launch cables hook. The wing root area fir is perfect no filler will need to be used at all ! Really enjoying this kit 🙂

Cheers Brian

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 7 years, 3 months ago:

Great progress, looks like a great kit, they should down size it to 1/72, I see it has the proper rear cockpit detail for the USN versions..

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 7 years, 3 months ago:

That is some nice cockpit detail.

• Profile Photo

Going with the markings of the VF-114 Aardvarks , but can be subject of change 🙂

Cheers Brian

• Profile Photo
    Adam said 7 years, 3 months ago:

Nice painting choosen 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 7 years, 3 months ago:

Looking good Brian, will tag along on this build.

• Profile Photo

Finally got the intakes and engines dry fitted . Fit is really nice . I never knew the engines was installed at a angle . Curious as to why ? Intakes to airframe fit it pretty nice .

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 7 years, 3 months ago:

I have got to say Brian , that this kit looks amazing.
    One of those on the definite list.

• Profile Photo

While cockpit drys start working on the landing gear . Pretty nice looking gear . I really like the hubs on the main tires. Landing great slides into the gear bay. So when done looks like the gear is hinged 🙂 the engine detail is pretty nice especially the burner area .

Cheers Brian

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 7 years, 3 months ago:

Brian, with the engines at an angle, the thrust pushes the aircraft straight and makes the wings always at a slight "angle of attack." This helps the smaller high-speed wings & creates some constant lift. Slow planes with large wings don't need this but fast aircraft with necessarily smaller, thinner wings for speed need a little help. This helps most at the slowest speeds, like during take-off & landing.

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 7 years, 3 months ago:

Brian, VERY nice work & great pictures!