1/72 Anigrand C-17

Started by Ray Seppala · 8 · 6 years ago · 1/72, correcting, scratch
  • Profile Photo
    Ray Seppala said 6 years, 8 months ago:

I have been working on this project for the last 8-9 years on and off. Recently I got back on the wagon with this one and progressed it. I hope to get it finished this year. I started with the base Aningrand kit and along the way have corrected the cockpit shape, scratch-built and flight deck, added an interior to the cargo by and corrected shape issues with other parts. This kit, like the Combat kit Tom Probert built, had the wing root in the wrong location which was moved aft the same 1 inch. I also extended the right-hand gear sponson. I recent progress I have finally painted the cargo bay interior and added some lighting so all that scratch building inside can be seen.

12 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Blaine Miller said 6 years, 8 months ago:

Ray,
    You need to complete this kit, so the Kinatic kit can be released.
    They are waiting for you to finish.
    Frank

• Profile Photo

I am trying damn hard to do so Frank!

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 8 months ago:

Looking so good Ray, I have my fingers crossed for that Kinetic kit ! hope it's worth the wait.

• Profile Photo

Cockpit transparencies added, I used a CD case to make the windscreen panels up. They were glued in and faired over with putty. This was then sanded and polished. I also completed the wall work around the loadmasters station and made up a couple of paratroop doors. Finally, I painted the cargo bay floor and added the detail decal but am not too happy with it as it silvered. I will be replacing it with another.

7 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 6 years, 8 months ago:

Amazing work!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Alan and Greg. I hope my efforts are speeding up the release of the Kinetic kit 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Ray Seppala said 6 years, 3 months ago:

I made a bit of progress on this one late last year. Unfortunately, it did not make the completed list. I did get the fuselage buttoned up and most of the interior installed (plus 285g of nose weight!)

Some upcoming challenges are to reshape all the engines and get the cargo doors installed. I was last working on the control surfaces down the back end. My first attempt at the rudders was not the best so I am now reshaping the cut off parts. The elevators have also been removed from the stabs to pose in a dropped position.

7 attached images. Click to enlarge.