Firstly, I’m sorry for the long delay since my last post.
I’ve started to make some progress. I cut the parts from the sprue and put them in the relevant bags so I could organise them for gluing, and painting.
I glued as many parts together as I could before painting. I’ve had a look at the instructions, to see what I could build out of sequence. I started by gluing in the two parts on the nose (C04 & C05). Next I attached the wing roots sections (C03 & C02) in place.
After gluing on the fuselage parts, I applied a primer coat from a Tamiya rattle can.
When it came to the wings, the instructions suggest gluing on the bottom section of the main wing to the completed fuselage, then glue on the top two halves of the wings in place. If possible, I wanted to glue all the wing sections together before attaching it to the fuselage. I taped the parts together, including the fuselage, and found they could be fitted after being glued together.
I’m going to paint the wings next before I make a start on the cockpit.
I will also see if the cockpit tub can be put in place after the fuselage has been glued together, and not glued into place before the two halves are joined, as indicated by the instructions.
Thanks for looking, Julian.