Once again, I wish to apologise for leaving it so long since my last post.
I’ve made a little progress, and would like to show you how I made my masks for painting the wings.
After increasing the painting instructions by 177%, I placed a section of masking sheet over the painting plan. I then marked the camouflage pattern, and a couple of panel lines on the template from the plans in pen. The panel lines were marked so I could use them to align the template when placing it on the model.
I held the 3 parts of the horizontal stabiliser in place with masking tape (sticky side up), so I could align the mask.
The sections of the homemade masking was applied on top of the Dark Earth which I had painted beforehand.
This was also down with the main wing section.
Below is the finished result.
I feel I was a little heavy handed when spraying the wings. I put this down to lack of practice of late with my airbrush.
The last photo shows how I marked out the black section of the lower wing.
I taped the paper mask in place, then using masking tape, I taped the curve.
I’m hoping to spray it over the weekend.
If I’m happy with the result, I will weather the panel lines and put on the decals.
Thanks for looking in.