Double Zero! Tamiya 1/72.

Started by Roberto Colaianni · 5 · 6 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Roberto Colaianni said 6 years, 7 months ago:

In August I was very prolific, except the scratch build of the dry dock for the U-212, I started also a couple of A6M5 Tamiya in 1/72. One its for a collector,second one I gonna keep it.

Aftermarket used:
    Eduard PE73447 pre coloured interio/exterrior set
    Aber 72007 Armament for Japaneese fighter
    Hecker & Goros Japaneese crew KSHG226
    CMK Japanese Navy (F72043) and Army (F72289) pilot.

Construction started from the cockpit, airbrusched with Tamiya XF-71 IJN cockpit green just before to move at the sea for vacation. All detail were brush painted with Valleio acrilycs, included the pre coloured seat belts, in order to enanche lights and shades.

Before assembly fuselage and wing main parts, I rescribe all pannel line. Tamiya pannel line where perfect, but I cant build a model without rescribe it. It must be a kind of sickness! Hope you will not be infected!

Since I did not like to break the elegant shape of this beautiful fighter, the engine cowling will be rappresented closed. Therfore the deteail on the engine where limited to the few PE part of the Eduard set.

In this scale, small hide detail are not well visible, therefore I try to highlight them creating strong color contrast. Engine has been airbrushed with Tamiya Silver Crome, Floor Wax follow for protection, mean while Tamiya pannel liner enance piston cooling fins. Painting ends with Valleio Leather on spark plugs cable and Engine gray on reducer front firing.

Tail control surface where all cut and repositioned as per picture exmined.

Flap and gear bay detailed with Eduard PE.

to be continued...

4 additional images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 6 years, 7 months ago:

1/72nd scale, huh, Roberto...no, really...where'd ya get that giant coin? 🙂
    Amazing work indeed!

• Profile Photo

Craig,
    Not easy to get at all, and very expensive, the 15 cm diameter coin! But very effective when placed near the 1/24 Zero cockpit.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 6 years, 7 months ago:

Whew baby - that looks good so far! Amazing detail in 1/72.

• Profile Photo

Well, most of the job has been done by uncle Eduard!