GoT (Game of Tupolev: Tu-22m3)

• 22 posts
  • Last reply 2 days, 9 hours ago
Viewing 16 - 22 of 22 posts
  • david leigh-smith said 1 week, 2 days ago:

Fantastic work, Aleks – keep the updates coming.

• Greg Kittinger said 1 week, 2 days ago:

Phenomenal detail in that cockpit! Seeing that almost cost me my mojo!!! Wonderful work.

• Josh Patterson said 1 week, 2 days ago:

I like the NeoMega pit! I have one for the Airfix Viggen and it is also nice, but your seats look much busier! I noticed the console between the rear seaters on the real plane. Some kind of gunship grey strategically dribbled down the side of the console! Yours looks great all painted up, I just wish they would put it out in 1/48. (And a Blinder!)

• Aleksandar Sekularac said 1 week, 1 day ago:

Thank you all guys, really!

Greg, don’t let go of the Mojo, man! “Got to keep on risin’,” to steal words from late Jim Morrison. I’d rather have the oblivion take me than to be know as the Mojo killer…;)

Josh, many of the samples on display have important equipment removed from the cockpit. I know the panel you are talking about. Yes, the carefully applied paint drippings from the kitchen tray they used to close gutted central panel of the rear cockpit may be misleading…

1:48 scale Tu-22m3 would be an impressive piece of model! But I have my hands full with this 1:72 version, thank you very much. With the base and vehicles, it will take some serious shelf space. So far, it’s the biggest model I worked on… emphasis is on so far…. 🙂

Cheers,
    Aleks

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• paul teixeira said 3 days, 14 hours ago:

I think the resin cockpit pieces are the coolest, most complete resin parts I have ever seen in 1/72. I want to build this model just so I can use those parts. Must be a lot of fun working and finishing those parts. really make all that detail just pop. Cockpit will look so busy just like a real aircraft!

• david leigh-smith said 3 days, 12 hours ago:

Aleks, you are no mojo killer, this work is an inspiration.

• Aleksandar Sekularac said 2 days, 9 hours ago:

Hello friends,

Front segment of the Tupolev bomber fuselage is assembled by now and work on seams and surface details begun.

As the main landing gear bays from the previous post drew focus toward the rear, work has progressed on the armament, which in this case will consists solely of missiles. Of the two long-range cruise missiles carried under the wing, Kh-22  “Buria”,  one will be mounted on the pylon, with the other still waiting on the trolley. I used the separate Amodel kit of this missile and the trolley, as it is far more accurate than the pair offered by Trumpeter, and for the other missile I chopped the pair from the box into one that resembled the example by Amodel.  I also decided to configure them slightly differently to one another, as this would add more interest to the model and can be actually seen on some archival photos.

Additionally, the central weapons bay will be loaded with six hypersonic missiles Kh-15, on a revolving launcher, but more on this next time…

Cheers,
    Aleks

25 attached images. Click to enlarge.

Viewing 16 - 22 of 22 posts