I don’t know what impresses me more: The scope of the subject, the extra effort going into adding the extra details, or the execution of the construction basics and paint work. All breathtaking! I don’t think i have the required amount of focus and discipline to see such a project through from beginning to end.
When i saw the resin cockpit parts i thought o myself, “well, they look impressive, but how hard will they be to paint up?”. And then i saw the finished seats. And then i saw the finished cockpit parts. And then i saw the finished cockpit parts in the fuselage.
I had to laugh when you mentioned the “Easter Eggs of Inaccuracies” scattered throughout the kit. With Trumpeter, it seems like when they take on most subjects they get you about 90% of the way there, and then they just take a combination of wacky guesses and shortcuts on the remaining 10%. So frustrating.
I really dig the work you put into the weapons bay. Speaking as someone who just finished a Tomcat for a former VF-32 RIO, all i can say is the Navy took the Backfire *Very* seriously, and they’re glad that they never had to try to knock one down with the Phoenix missile system. The Phoenix has to work every time; A Backfire has to get lucky only once.
I look forward to more 🙂