Hasegawa Spitfire mk.v b 1/32

Started by Adilcan Topgül · 8 · 6 years ago · 1/32, Hasegawa, Spitfire
  • Profile Photo
    Adilcan Topgül said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Well i am back again with another build.

It is friday night i am back form work and i have all my weekend to start on this new project also cleaning my workshop after my last build and seeing it mess free from the previous build encouraged me to start workin tonight.

Ive allways had love and hate relationship with this old hasegawa kits they have nice detail to their age and dont have a lots of plastic in box.

As for the build (markings are going to be surprize) it is going to be in the desert camo ill use paints from vallejo model air range and also as aftermarket parts ill ony add some pe belts from eduard which is a gift from Özkan Türker :)) and also add some scratch details like cushion for the seat otherwise i planned this to be a oob build. Also for the hate part about the kits are their raised panel lines 🙁 but im not going to spend time to engrave them.

For today i started with the cocpit some little assebly and drilling some holes to the inner structural parts of the cocpit adding back cushion to the seat and priming some oarts with gunze mr surfacer black 1500.

And for the instruments i was planning to get an colored pe set but i liked the raised details on it so ive decidet to test my detail painting skills 🙂

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Today some more progress on the cockpit

Seat painted to represent the backalite color with red brown then added some yellowish and blackish tones of the same color with sponge then washed with brown and then the cushion painted with black miced with some offwhite and dreybrushed

Seatbelts added they are a mix of pe parts and some lead sheet instruments panel painted with black and highlighted raised sections with black mixed with ijn gray then instruments painted and added a drop of testors glass making liquid in to the each one.

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Okay a bit more work today i have made a decision about my paint preferances so i decided to use mostly vallejo paints instead of tamiya and gunze because i liked the results and there is pretty much no smell so i think it is better for my health.

Anyway fuselage is compleated and wings assembled and primed in black few days ago so doday i started painting the plane.

For the underside i used vallejo air azure blue and then same color mixed with a few drops of vallejo air offwhite sprayed in the middle of the panels for tonal variation and shadeing.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 1 month ago:

You are making some great progress. I'll be looking forward to the next installment.

• Profile Photo

Thnx Louis ill try to post more tonight

• Profile Photo

Camo is on !

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 6 years, 1 month ago:

I think the desert colours really suit the Spitfire. Somehow it 'fits' with my eye. This is very much up to your usual very high standard, Adilcan - the cockpit and IP looks fantastic.

• Profile Photo

Thank you David, i also like the desert colors on spits, but markings for this subject will be a bit unusual and it is a surprise im painting all markings with my hand made masks becaouse there are no particular decal sets on the market for my subject hope youll like the result 🙂