Italeri 1/48 S-2G Tracker VS-30

Started by Andrew Frill · 3 · 6 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Andrew Frill said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Fellas,
    Figured it was time to start this project. Italeri kit with the Eduard Big Ed set, D-mold nacelle correction and nose correction (more on this), Quickboost, props, engines, pylons and Wolfpack wing fold details. Steel Beach S-2 seats.
    I have added a pic of the bird I will be doing. I have also started with the Eduard stuff in the cockpit. anywho, on to the pics

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Fellas, the next area to tackle was how to shorten the too long weapon bay. Another Issue the D-mold fuselage correction set corrected was the length of the weapons bay. Italeri or Kinetic made the bay too long by about 14 scale inches. So, I thought how I would tackle this and came up with the plan to cut that part from the D-mold set and attach it to the kit, filling in that area. A pretty easy fix to do and really become obvious after it is done

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

The S-2G had control columns that came out of the cockpit floor, not out of the instrument panel like on the S-2A. Italeri/Kinetic only allow you to do the S-2A control columns that come out of the IP. I robbed two control sticks from a boneyard Airfix hawk and cut off the end. I then added the control yoke from the kit to the top and presto! I had the correct control columns (or close enough for Gubment work) for a S-2G.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.