Me109G6/R3 Trumpeter 1/24

Started by Ozkan Turker · 14 · 11 years ago · 1/24, Me-109G6, Trumpeter
  • Profile Photo
    Ozkan Turker said 11 years, 3 months ago:

Hi
    Started a few days ago . I gave two days to filling and sanding many pin holes. Damm why they put them to visible areas. Like a honeycumb... At last engine and cockpit area comes to detailing... I have time at th moment while waiting for seat belts. Now its time make some extras.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Editor said 11 years, 3 months ago:

Very cool. The assembly on the last photo looks like a Star Wars speeder bike. An idea, perhaps? I guess theres is no such thing as an unfinished model 🙂

Welcome onboard
    /m

• Profile Photo
    Walt said 11 years, 3 months ago:

Very nice finish work on that assembly, the photo really shows off your work well. I am curious though, its a question about the angle of the instrument panel. I am not an expert, but I seem to remember the angle of the instrument panel being more perpendicular to the floor of the cockpit. It is just an observation/question on my part.

• Profile Photo

Walt you are right but I fit instrument panel just to take photo . There will be some work before final assembly. Thanks for attention.

• Profile Photo

Some detailing progress completed on weekend for speeder bike 🙂

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Cockpit and engine completed. Fuselage glued together and many details lost 🙂

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 11 years, 3 months ago:

The perfect opportunity for me to ask (yet again)...why? I've been told all the "standard" answers, but the logic continues to escape me. One spends much time, money (after-market) and effort into intricately detailing an area which, when completed, will be forever hidden and unappreciated by the viewer. Knowing this fact well beforehand, why did you, personally, go to all the extra work of detailing (superbly, I may add) if it was going to be "lost", as you put it? I just don't get it...maybe I'm not the consummate modeler.

• Profile Photo

Craig this is a fun. Limit is personal satisfaction . For this model I will show %70 of details which I built till now. As you may see no photos from board side . Guess why ? 🙂

• Profile Photo

Aha...! You're gonna leave that cowling off, huh...?

• Profile Photo

Yeap! Otherwise no one push me in to this detailing madness 🙂

• Profile Photo

You're obviously a better modeler than I...and possess more ambition. I wouldn't "bother" to detail to that exactness if it weren't going to be seen. On the other hand, I probably COULDN'T do detail work as well as you do!

• Profile Photo
    Ozkan Turker said 11 years, 2 months ago:

Contiune to work...Some sub-assembly photos.
    1- I added small strip to bottom of fuselage as necessary to level wing trailing edge...
    2- Fuselage ready to meet wings.
    3- Struts done. A lots of tiny things to make it semi-operational. But not works actually...
    4- Seat bealts arrived. Some process needs like a brain operation 🙂
    5- Canopy parts masked both sides. I tought that painting inside is better than one side painting. It will seems more realistic...

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Editor said 11 years, 2 months ago:

Nice legs 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Jamme said 11 years ago:

Fantastic job on this 109.
    Congrats,
    Jamme