PC 6 Scratch build 1/32 Scale

Started by Marc Barris · 43 · 6 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Marc Barris said 6 years, 9 months ago:

Well here we go again, I have finished the Piper Pawnee and its time for the big one. I have mentioned this to all of you and now its time to get going.

I managed to find some drawings, I have all the plastic card I need, vac for machine and hopefully the skills needed to get this done, and its time to get started.

I will keep you posted on how I fare, comments are always welcome.

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 6 years, 9 months ago:

If anything like your previous offering, I'm sure this'll be a beauty...can't wait.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Craig, looking forward to getting this project up and running, I will keep you posted.

• Profile Photo

I have started with the construction, and I wanted to give you an idea of how I have progressed. Started with the fuselage ribbing and sides, cut out the doors and shaped the nose section out of balsa wood. Looking good so far. Going to start with the detailing of the interior and the vertical and horizontal stabilizers next.

I will keep you posted.

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 6 years, 9 months ago:

Marc, that is a lovely piece of work! Thanks for the interior photos, I have the Roden kit someplace, I want to do an Air America aircraft, from our less-than-stellar visit to SEA.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Bernard, I am busy with the interior detail now, busy with the seats, finished the rudder. I will keep you posted. Thanks for the comment.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 6 years, 9 months ago:

Man, I admire you scratch builders! I don't think I have the patience for that type of work - I want to see things take shape and get to the paint work much to quickly! (perhaps it has to do with the large stash calling out to me...). I really look forward to seeing this come together Marc, as I love the work you do.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Greg, always nice to hear from you, thanks for the comment mate,

• Profile Photo
    Marc Barris said 6 years, 8 months ago:

Vac formed the nose, scratch built the seats and the floor area in the cargo bay and the roof section, vertical stabilizer and started scratch building the PT 6 Turbine engine.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    David Mills said 6 years, 8 months ago:

Great to see this taking shape Marc - super work!

• Profile Photo

Thanks David, everything is scratch built, I think I have given myself a headache with this one, its 410 mm long...its going to be big.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 6 years, 8 months ago:

Marc, I have such admiration for your patience, skills, and confidence taking on the Porter - from scratch - in 1/32. What. A. Challenge.
    Fantastic work.

• Profile Photo
    Morne Meyer said 6 years, 8 months ago:

Marc die gaan awesome lyk! Can't wait to see this one at the Nats in P.E next year! You have my vote in advance!

• Profile Photo

Thanks for your kind comments , I am in the DRC for 2 weeks then I will get back into it. I will keep you all posted.

• Profile Photo

Cant wait to see you at the Nats Morne, it would be good to finally meet you, how are things going with the build.