PC 6 Scratch build 1/32 Scale

Started by Marc Barris · 43 · 6 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Marc Barris said 6 years, 8 months ago:

Here are some more progress pictures of the build, when I got back from the Congo I started to do some detail work on the engine and the engine bay, as well as scratch building the rudder pedals and joy sticks, I am going to start with the instrument panel and wiring up the engine as well as engine mounts and do some painting with primer. I added a picture of my work table to show you that I never clean during a building session, as well as my display cabinet for inspiration...

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 6 years, 8 months ago:

Fantastic work Marc! Love the stuff in your display case as well - inspiring it is!

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 6 years, 8 months ago:

Is that the 32nd scale Z-M Skyraider I can see...?

• Profile Photo

Well, well, well is see that my inspiration cabinet has caught your attention. yes it is indeed a 32nd scale ZM Skyraider Craig, now what do you think of the PC 6...hahahaha

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 6 years, 8 months ago:

Marc, absolutely marvelous scratchbuilding! Coming along beautifully, looks like. Great collection in your display case. like to see some of them, sometime.

• Profile Photo

Hi Bernard, Thanks for your comment, yip, you can see most of my models here at I Modeler, take a peek. cheers

• Profile Photo
    Morne Meyer said 6 years, 8 months ago:

Masterclass work as usual Marc. Well done. Can't wait to see it at the NATS!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Boet, busy with painting at the moment...looking good so far, will post progress later.

• Profile Photo

Well needless to say my eye balls feel like they are on fire, this has been some tough scratch building and painting, built the instrument panel, seats and seat belts and did the best I could re producing the engine and wiring, MADNESS, I should just buy the kit in 1/48 scale. I need to finish the interior before I can move on, tedious work, but FUN... I hope you guys like it so far.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

More build pics for you, I was not happy with the pilot seats, just did not look ok, I scratch build 2 new ones, made 2 passenger seats (not easy) and made a pallet for some cargo, painted the cockpit floor. hope you like it so far. Back to building...till later

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Carmelo Rodrigo said 6 years, 7 months ago:

really all these works from scratch make me see how far I am from being a good modeller.

Great job

• Profile Photo
    Marc Barris said 6 years, 7 months ago:

Thank you for your kind comments.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 6 years, 7 months ago:

The great work continues...!

• Profile Photo

Made up the propeller, added stiffener plates and test fitted stabilizers, primed and ready for panel lines and riveting, I am happy with the look so far...

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Greg... will carry on regardless...