PC 6 Scratch build 1/32 Scale

Started by Marc Barris · 43 · 6 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Morne Meyer said 6 years, 8 months ago:

Marc this is going to be a category winner at SA NATS 2018 for sure. Well done!

• Profile Photo
    Marc Barris said 6 years, 8 months ago:

Thank you for your vote of confidence Morne, not there yet, and there are better modellers out there than me.
    I am busy with the panel lines and rivets now, I will post again later...

• Profile Photo
    Marc Barris said 6 years, 7 months ago:

Finished the panel lines on the fuselage, installed the completed floor and installed all the seats and instrument panel. Test fitted the cargo pallet to see how it looks. Starting with the tail wheel and main undercarriage. starting to look a little like a PC 6 now. Tell me what you think so far...

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Busy with undercarriage now, I could only find this little picture on the web, so I am going to give it a go

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 6 years, 7 months ago:

Wow - go man go!

• Profile Photo

Well, test fitted the undercarriage, used the tyres from an old Trumpeter Swordfish kit, and modified the wheel hubs from the spares box, looks ok to me. I think I managed to get the stance ok. Busy with the tail wheel.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Changed the spinner on the propeller, the old one was too blunt, the PC 6-H12 had a longer more pointed one, scratch built the tail wheel, and painted the nose white to see how the rivets and panel lines will look on the finished model.

• Profile Photo

Felt like hand painting the nose, from an aircraft that flies with NRG here in the Cape. .ZS- WLP.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Morne Meyer said 6 years, 7 months ago:

VERY IMPRESSED with your brush work!

• Profile Photo

thanks Morne.

• Profile Photo

Back to posting in the correct space, I am off to the DRC tomorrow to do some work for 2 weeks, so my PC 6 will have to wait till I get back.

I have cut out the doors for the aircraft and I have test fitted them to the airframe to get an idea how it will look

Marc

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 6 years, 7 months ago:

I agree with Morne - excellent paint work on the shark mouth. Hurry up and get back to this baby, so I have something exciting to come back and check up on!

• Profile Photo
    Marc Barris said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Back in the land of the living, I managed to take the wings with to the DRC and I finished shaping them there, I have just primed them and I am going to start with the flaps and ailerons. I will keep you posted on the progress...