SAAF Bristol Beaufighter

Started by Morne Meyer · 71 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Morne Meyer said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Thanks Marc! Took much longer than anticipated. At least the most dreaded part of the scratchbuilding process is over. That curtain gave me lots of headaches!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 5 months ago:

I'll bet it did give you headaches ! But it sure does look good ...

• Profile Photo

Thanks Louis. I always dread doing scratchbuilding on clear parts. At least this time it went well.

• Profile Photo
    Tappie Scholtz said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Beautiful... want to see it when done.

• Profile Photo

Work related issues has caused my build to slow down. Interior is nearly done.

• Profile Photo
    Morne Meyer said 5 years, 10 months ago:

Hi guys. I am back with an update on my Beaufighter build that stalled due to work related issues and commissioned builds. I finally got some bench time and started detailing the rear wheel compartment with Evergreen styrene strips and fashioned a bulkhead and drilled some holes to accommodate control cables.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 10 months ago:

Yes! Been waiting for this to get back on your radar, Morne. Brilliant work and this has made my morning.

• Profile Photo

Thanks David. Will do my best to keep up the good work!

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 5 years, 10 months ago:

I have just looked back though the whole thread - words fail me. The part count must have trebled through the scratch building! Brilliant, brilliant work Morne! I am totally riveted!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Paul. I appreciate the comment. As this is a tribute build to those brave SAAF pilots that flew the Beaufighter on strike missions over Yugoslavia during WW II, I decided to go all out on this build.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 5 years, 10 months ago:

It's going to be a gem with all that TLC you're giving it!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Greg. Most modelers will say it is ludicrous to put all that detail inside if you can't see it. I always strive to get the detail as close to the real thing as possible and that is what drive me to do this.

• Profile Photo
    Samo Štempihar/P.k said 5 years, 10 months ago:

This is also related to me During the Second World War, the occupier seized the house which was owned by the grandmother and grandfather of my brother's wife.

From it they made the main fort in the village, which contained heavy Mitralale nests and was unconquerable.

Inside, there were about 60 men from the village and the surrounding area selected from the quizlin

the forces of domestic traitors were called SS trups "Slowenische Landeswehr"(domobranci).They regularly mistreated and murdered patriots and opponents of the German Reich in a cruel manner.

• Profile Photo

When it came to the end of the war and Allied airplanes reached our territory, other times with the support of the Balcan air force from the air started, the victory of the Partisan units and the liberation of the Yugoslav territory, Slovenia, were eliminated.in 18.Maj 1945.

• Profile Photo

The event is published on this site, and I am adding the pictures of the family house before and after the rocket and report.

https://saafww2pilots3.yolasite.com/hotedrisca-attacks-by-saaf-16-sqdn-1945.php

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.