Tamiya 1/48th F-51 Mustang Korean War USAF #61044

Started by Chuck A. Villanueva · 36 · 6 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    George Henderson said 6 years, 7 months ago:

Coming together nicely

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 6 years, 7 months ago:

Thanks George, it goes together very well. Any issues is of my doing.

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 6 years, 7 months ago:

Quick update, masked off the canopy and painted the airframe Flat Black. Check over the finish before applying the natural metal finish. More to follow.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Now to take a deep breath and plunge into this not so easy to paint NMF process. We start with MM Steel for the panels around the exhaust section of the nose. Did this on Saturday, masked it off on Sunday and then applied the overall natural metal finish. Starting with painting the bottom areas. Let it set and then flipped her over and applied the finish over the top sections. I had masked off the black anti glare section off and the windshield prior to airbrushing. After several hours I then masked off the the tail, stab and wingtips for the areas that will be red. Unmasked those sections and now let it sit and wait for decals. What decals, don't have any for this as yet. Was to just used the ones from the kit, but they disintegrated. The search continues.

16 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Looking really nice Chuck !

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Thanks Louis, finally located a set of decals on Ebay got them coming. Should get them for the weekend.