Two WIP projects underway

Started by Jack Mugan · 4 · 11 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Jack Mugan said 11 years, 1 month ago:

My first attempt at finishing a 48th scale multi-media vacuform it by Dynavector. I am struggling with some canopy issues at the moment so progress has stalled. Other than that, it's going together pretty good. The P-39 racer in the background is also another long term project that had recently been resurrected and progress is once again moving forward.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    said 11 years, 1 month ago:

Whoah, thats a seriously big looking kit Jack! Especially for 1/48 when compared to the P-39. What is it? Kinda Skyraiderish mebbe? I'll be interested to see the end results on that one. Good on ya going back to a stalled project i've got a few of these that hit the guilt button every time i go into the stash pile.

• Profile Photo
    Jack Mugan said 11 years, 1 month ago:

Gregor... That is the Skyshark, based on the Skyraider, sporting turbo powered counter-rotating props. Only several were built and I think there is at least one in a museum. They never got the system to work quite right and it was quite noisy. Pretty wicked looking nonetheless. They were painted Dark Sea glossy Blue and some were natural metal. Mine will be in a What-if scheme like the Skyraider "Bumblebee", at least that is the current plan.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Scott said 11 years ago:

Awesome choice of a build. That is looking really great. Can't wait to see paint on her. I hope trumpeter or Kinetic models will make this in /148 . Keep up the awesomeness 🙂

Cheers Brian