Le Mans 1986 Porsche 962C

Started by olivier.rive · 14 · 9 years ago · porsche 962C revell LeMans
  • Profile Photo
    olivier.rive said 9 years, 3 months ago:

While the Gt One dry, I start the following:

The Porsche 962 was designed in 1984 to allow the German company to participate in the American Championship IMSA GTP. It differs from the 956 with a wheelbase extended by 12 cm to accommodate the pedal behind the front wheel axis and a single turbo engine. His first race was the 24 Hours of Daytona in February 1984.
    She then became 962 C with the adoption of twin turbo engine of 956 and made its appearance in the world championship sports car and the 24 Hours Le Mans racing in 1985. Several were subsequently amended in road car by different processors which Dauer ...

Among the favorites, Porsche intends to avenge the insult, and not let the win for the third time to a customer ! It aligns three 962 C and Porsche customers came in numbers: they have eight and three 956 962 C. Jaguar is represented by an official team Tom Walkinshaw committed three XJR6. Mercedes is not the leap of an official presence, he supports the two Kouros-Mercedes incurred by Sauber.
    Japan is increasingly present with three official teams with two cars Mazda Motor trirotor, Toyota and Nissan, with two commitments each. These cars can not in any way claim victory, but they carry the hopes of an entire nation.
    The official Porsche have won the first line. But the beginning of the race reminds them of bad memories: the No. 7of Joest Racing will run the show for five hours.
    Around 3 am Sunday morning, the Austrian Jo Gartner, the wheel of the Porsche-Kremer 962 C No. 10, lost control for a cause that remain unknown,
    and was killed in a violent runway. The race director will decide on a long-neutralizing 2:30.
    The final ranking reflects the Porsche hegemony. Derek Bell - Hans Stuck - Al Holbert about 962 C "Rothmans" # 1 brand offer his eleventh successin LeMans.
    The kit:
    it s an Hasegawa kit molded in white. The interior is rather well done. But the kit includes 2 glaring errors: the bonnet and wings arrears, unfortunately hardly rectifiable ...
    The model is much simpler (simplistic?) The Tamiya model of the 956 ! and does not include engine.
    Despite some errors it is a nice kit that the novice can easily assemble

the supplementary board to replace the awful "RACING"

• Profile Photo
    Richard Mcstay said 9 years, 3 months ago:

I admire your passion for Le Mans mate. A sad story above, most crashes at the circuit are normally at high speed.

• Profile Photo
    olivier.rive said 9 years, 3 months ago:

first paint 2 x Tamiya white...

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Have you got a workshop going on there Olivier?
    You work as fast as the vehicles you build.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Glad you got those Rothmans decals, Olivier, it just doesn't look right otherwise. I remember I had a Scalextric 956 in this livery, I'm sure it went faster when I replaced the stickers!

• Profile Photo
    olivier.rive said 9 years, 2 months ago:

easy kit ! blue paint...

• Profile Photo

Paint and first varnish

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 years, 2 months ago:

That blue looks good, Olivier.

• Profile Photo

yes, i used the Tamiya royal blue, for me it's perfect like Rothmans blue...

• Profile Photo

finishing paint...starting tio apply the decals...you can see microsol effect...

a+

• Profile Photo

today I finish to pose decals...easy...after this night microsol make a good job

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 9 years, 2 months ago:

Looks great Olivier.
    Looking forward to seeing it in headlines.

• Profile Photo

easy to build ! a good simple kit

with her semi sister ...956

headline at week end...
    see you soon

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 9 years, 2 months ago:

Looking forward to that.