Finaly again an update on the Big Cat. As “normal life” takes a lot of time away from building. Anyway, started with the landing gear. It’s strait forward job, but with a lot of cleaning up to do. Seamlines all over the lenght of the oleos ar quit time consuming to remove. I will install the gear after painting the fuselage to prevent damage.
The wings are moulded as one part, not so bad, but after dry-fitting they showed some serious trenches where they meet the fuselage. To overcome the worst gaps I added shims made from Evergreen strip. The remaining small gaps will be filled in with putty. A lot of sanding and some re-scribing of panel lines will follow. The kit is showing it’s age for sure. Nevertheless it’s still a fun build which I enjoy. So I have some pictures of “Spotty the Big Cat” with external fuel tanks under the wings. Since they come also with the kit I decided to build them as well. Again seamlines and fitting problems, so a lot of sanding and re-scribing was required.
7 attached images. Click to enlarge.