1/72 Italeri Sepecat Jaguar GR.3 RAF "Big Cat"

Started by Ferry Dierckxsens · 38 · 6 years ago · 1/72, Big Cat, Jaguar, RAF, Sepecat
  • Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 5 months ago:

This one is simply stunning... Very nice Ferry !

It is looking great...

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Thank you Louis. Just have to make a nice base for it for a good presentation and I will make the the "ready" pictures.

• Profile Photo

Now allmost ready and have worked on the last details of the Big Cat. Canopy frames were hand painted to replicate the black spots on the right places. The same was done with the pitot tube, using some original photographs as reference. Italeri provides the decals for the canopy frames and the pitot tube but they could not convince me to use them. It takes some patience but I'm pleased with the result. Now it's on to the concrete slabs to make a plinth. Printed on matt photopaper and glued to grey carton I've started to cut the tiles, make the edges black and glue them in place one by one on airbrush carton. When this is all done and some little touch up work, I think the Big Cat is ready for presentation in the group.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Everything about your Cat look fantastic Ferry. The base is a work of art too. She turned out very nice. I'll be watching for your article. Two thumbs up Sir !

Thanks for participating in our Group build. There may still be some time for another one ... 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 6 years, 5 months ago:

A stunning Jag! That scheme really calls attention to what I think is kind of a feline look of the aircraft anyway - looking forward to seeing the headline post.

• Profile Photo

Thank you Louis, it's a great cat. I have another idea for this GB but it depends on the decals I have in mind. I have to wait to next weekend when our big IPMS show in Holland is on. Then there might be a second cat in the making.
    Thank you Greg, won't be long now. And love the progress on your Jaguar as well, makes a nice pair in 1/72.

• Profile Photo

I'll be looking forward to seeing your second Cat , especially if it ends up looking as fantastic as this one does. Hopefully the second Cat project will materialize for you. Sounds like a good time coming up with the meet.

Thanks again for contributing to our GB.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Now Ferry how about adding some pic's of the finished model here !