Consolidated PB2B 2 Catalina, RAAF 1945.

Started by Allan J Withers · 62 · 6 years ago · 1/72, Academy, Catalina, Consolidated, RAAF
  • Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Thanks John, I do like the Catalina, this will be the fourth and last one and covers all variants used by the RAAF except the PB2B 1 which is the Canadian built PBY5 ! ----------- so decals on and masking ready for a coat of Xtra flat.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Now this is sharp ! The black paint with the decals on it is a great color contrast.
    I'm guessing that you will have it done soon and get it posted ...
    Well done my friend !
    It's a work of art.

• Profile Photo

Thank you Louis, a little more flat, add a few more bits, engines, beaching gear, antennas etc and it'll be done !

• Profile Photo

Outstanding work Allan. I'm looking forward to seeing the reveal. It shouldn't take you much longer and you will have this one wrapped up.

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 6 years, 1 month ago:

That's a beauty, Allan! Like Louis wrote, the black really shows the decals well. Bravo!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Louis, ---------------- thanks Jeff, -------------- flat coat finished, now for the details !

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Looking great, Allan.

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Allan, really looks great!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Robert, -------- thanks Bernard, ----- needs a touch up of flat on the window frames, engines on !

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 6 years, 1 month ago:

man that looks nice

• Profile Photo

WOW ! This Cat is looking very good indeed. What amazes me is how nice the gunners side blister windows look... It makes one think that they could crawl inside and man the MG's !

The fit, finish, the decals, I mean everything is spot on.

Well done my friend. 🙂

• Profile Photo

Thanks Tom, ---------- thank you Louis.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years ago:

I've added some antennas, radomes, nav' lights, beaching gear, exhausts etc, still need to add some exhaust stains but will call it finished !

7 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years ago:

Wow ! This really looks great. The antenna cables... What did you use for them ?
    I also see you added the beaching gear too. Looks great my friend.
    I'll be looking forward to seeing your reveal posting. Thanks again for the multiple builds in this group build. Your models have really helped to make this a spectacular success.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years ago:

Thank you Louis, I use black invisible mending thread for my antennae, happy to join in !