EE Lightning F1, The Tigers, 74 Sqn RAF Coltishall England 1962.

Started by Allan J Withers · 42 · 5 years ago · 1/72, 74 Sqn, English Electric, Lightning, RAF, Sword
  • Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 5 months ago:

1/72 Sword, I started this in August, a small repair to the nose gear bay and a lump of lead machined to fit - pic 5, 6, wings cleaned up and together with a molding fault repair - pic 8, 9, 10, some tabs on the fuselage halves and the intake painted with MM 1418 - pic 11, 12.

12 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Looks good, Allan! I look forward to more and then later the completed model.

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Allan, great choice, and Tiger markings! Looks a lot better than the real old Airfix I built, a long time back!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Allan you are a modeling machine ! Great choice of subjects and markings. Thanks for starting another one ... I'll be looking forward to seeing your progress too.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Jeffry,---------thanks Bernard, more details but needs a bit of work !,-----------thanks Louis, keeps me out of mischief !

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Another tiger connection for this great group build, looking forward to seeing this one finished.

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Great choice Allan! Always liked the EE Lightning and again you have found a great Year of the Cat GB subject. Looking forward to your progress on this one.

• Profile Photo

Thanks George,------------thanks Ferry.

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Nice, looking good! always liked the Lightning, built the ancient Airfix many moons ago, love the nose weight.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Robert, the instructions didn't say how much so I put in the most I could !

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Yeah - that's another advantage of building wheels-up - never have to think about nose weight! Looking good - love the lightning - I'm glad you found a way to make a "cat" out of it!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Greg, wasn't difficult, kit decal option, except for serial number !

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 4 months ago:

A little more progress, a bit of adjusting here and there.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Progress is progress... and it's looking good my friend.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Thanks Louis.