EE Lightning F1, The Tigers, 74 Sqn RAF Coltishall England 1962.

Started by Allan J Withers · 42 · 5 years ago · 1/72, 74 Sqn, English Electric, Lightning, RAF, Sword
  • Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 3 months ago:

Some cockpit detail in, fuselage together, VS on and some panel lines cleaned up, HS's and wings next !

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 3 months ago:

Wings on, a bit of adjustment to the angle and a small extension to the flap, tail planes next.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 2 months ago:

It won't be long until you're spraying a coat of paint on this one ... looking good.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Thanks Louis, I'm a bit slow with this response, all the main bits on, now a bit of tidying up and start with some black paint !

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 2 months ago:

You are a machine Allan ! Cranking these 1/72 scale subjects out like a miniature aircraft factory. I think I will start calling your work shop "The Withers Works"... 🙂

Looking good my friend !

• Profile Photo

Thanks Louis, or the Feathers Factory !

• Profile Photo

Masking on, some black paint, needed a bit of touching up !

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Some black paint on the touch up !

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Keep going, Alan. I love Lightning’s and have an Airfix F.1 to finish in 74 Sq. Colors soon.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Thanks John, me too, I also have a couple more to do, some masking on the black and a few panels in a contrasting silver with a bit of a touch up needed !

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Looks great Allan. It won't be long now and you will be spraying the colors on it.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Louis, not long ! now to get the masking off without wrecking the paint, a protective coat of Klear first I think !

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

I could have left the Klear a bit longer but I didn't want to leave the tape too long, anyway it came off OK, next some paint around the exhaust, undercarriage bays and more Klear !

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Lovely patina on those last two photos, Allan. Looks fantastic; smooth and clean and I've no idea how you get this detail on such a small scale.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Just the shape of an EEL does it for me! Great painting skills, Allan - this is shaping up beautifully!