Gypsy 203

Started by David Hansen · 69 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    David Hansen said 5 years, 10 months ago:

I got the seats, and i have the first one underway right now. It fits in the Tamiya cockpit just fine...
    -d-

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 years, 10 months ago:

That's great news David !

I'll bet you're stoked. I would be...

• Profile Photo
    David Hansen said 5 years, 10 months ago:

Gypsy 203 is almost finished, but in the 11th hour there was sort of a detour.

I was never really happy with the Tamiya seats. They fit well are very easy to paint, but they lack a lot in terms of the surface detail on the seat frame, the headrest looks a little too anemic to my eye, and the decal seatbelts just did not cut it.

I ordered Quickboost seats, 48-223. I'm glad i did. I have one finished and am about 2/3 of the way thru on the second one.
    Here are some photos. Judge for yourself.

-d-

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 years, 10 months ago:

This is an amazing upgrade. These really turned out great and will look even better once installed in your Cat...

• Profile Photo
    David Hansen said 5 years, 9 months ago:

Gypsy 203 is done.

I took these pics to commemorate getting the last bits on, but i plan to take some better photos and post a full blown article on IM.

Now all i have to worry about is getting it to North Carolina. Whose driving to the Nationals in Phoenix?

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 years, 9 months ago:

Wow what a journey. This one has been a great one to follow along with.

Several of these pictures look like the plane is sitting on a carrier deck with the neutral background. I can't wait to see the final reveal in the headlines section.

This one has the potential for model of the month for sure. You've knocked it out of the park !

Well done my friend. Any thanks for contributing to our Year of the Cat.

I'll be posting up an article about our GB soon, so if you have any favorite pictures you would like included please let me know. I posted an article in the YOTC section about this. Please add your favorites there and I'll include them in the GB recap. Here's the link if you don't mind...

http://imodeler.com/groups/year-of-the-cat/forum/topic/photos-for-the-recap-article-please-post-them-here/

Thanks again !

What a beautiful plane.

• Profile Photo
    David Hansen said 5 years, 9 months ago:

Hi Louis,
    The plan has always been to take some better quality photos from which to draw for a full-blown article. I can throw in some photos as sort of a placeholder in the interim, though.
    D-Layed

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 years, 9 months ago:

Not a problem. I will be writing the article soon. I wanted to wait for a few other builds to get finished first. These are almost done, so it shouldn't take too much longer. If by chance you decide to add different photos in the future, that would be fine too.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this one and your article in the headlines section...

Thanks again !

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Thomsen said 5 years, 2 months ago:

David: Your Tomcat is absolutely beautiful. I'm so glad I found your article - very inspiring and informative as to how you did things - especially nice after seeing the model in the flesh at last years Nats. Outstanding!
    Blue side up, Dave!