Photos for the recap article ......... please post them here

Started by Louis Gardner · 35 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Hello everyone !

If you have a particular picture (or two) that you would like to see used for your build(s) in the recap of the "Year of the Cat" GB, this is the place to put it.

I will be using this area to collect the pictures. Simply add it as a comment. I can then use the picture of your choosing in the final article about what happened during our "Cat themed" Group Build.

I'll start by picking a few of mine, to show you how easy this should be...

Simply reply to this topic... and attach a photo or two. That's it... You're done.

Thanks in advance !

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 6 years, 2 months ago:

My Testors/Hawk F8F-2 Bearcat

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Ducati GP4, CA27 Mk32 Sabre, Tiger ARH, F11A Tiger, PB2B2 Catalina, HAS 3 Lynx, F 1A Lightning, Mil Mi 24 D, S 70B 2 Seahawk, BAE Hawk 127.

10 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Hi there, Louis, here are a few from my two postings for this great group build. Just to point out that there is no Year of the Cat in the Chinese calendar, the nearest is the Year of the Tiger, never mind, and thanks again for organising this. Happy Chinese New Year!

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Thanks guys for making this a great "Team" build.

Tom, it's hard to believe how quick your Bearcat was done, and how nice it looks ! I'm anxiously awaiting the reveal ...

Allan, it's hard to pick a favorite out of this bunch of pictures ! I'm following along with your other "Year of the Cat" builds. The black Cat PBY is going to be a head turner once you get it done. Please carry on with your builds and post them up business as usual. I'll add them to the final recap once they are completed. Thanks again !

George my friend ! I really like that shirt ! It matches your Mig-29 perfectly. Your Kitty Hawk Jag looks great too.

Yes, you're right...I made up the "Year of the Cat" thing... so the Cat's out of the bag now... 🙂 OK I'm not a comedian... better not quit my day job. Wait a minute. I'm retired !

I wanted something close to the Tiger, and that's what I came up with to allow for more subjects to be built. If you noticed, I added a cool picture of a Tiger as a back drop to our Group Build. I tried to tie things together like that.

Thanks again guys for your participation with this. Your efforts have really paid off, and helped to make this even better than I ever dreamed...

It was my pleasure to build with you all.

Thanks again my friends !

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Louis, I just changed two of my pic's !

• Profile Photo

Excellent. Good choices Allan !

We still have some time before I post up the group build recap... I'll let everyone know a few days before I post the recap article here.

If I don't get a reply here from the others who have not posted their favorite picture, I will pick out my favorite photo from their reveal or previously posted articles. But that will still be some time away.

Thanks again gents !

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Hello Louis - here are a couple of snaps of the 109s I did for the GB. Werner Molder's 109D 'Luchs' (Lynx) and HJM's E-7 in Leopard camo. Now back to the desert cat!

• Profile Photo

Excellent pictures ! They will look great in the recap article. Thank you ... The Wildcat will have good company.

• Profile Photo
    Darren Dickerson said 6 years, 1 month ago:

1/48 Tamiya P47D Bubbletop 404th FG "Black Panther" - Finished a few weeks ago and just hadn't taken any pics! Thanks to everyone for their models during this group build, I have enjoyed looking at all of the gallery and WIP models. Great to be a part of this and Happy Modelling!

7 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Excellent example of a T-bolt Darren, as are all of your builds... You are a P-47 fan like I am of the F4U...

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Thanks Louis! Here are my pics, take care!

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Here are my 'Cats, I added the Banshee, It's got Felix so maybe it's ok.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Beautiful additions Robert... Thank you !

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years ago:

Louis, I have just added my two black cats to my pic's !