Westland Lynx HAS 3, XZ250, Royal Navy.

Started by Allan J Withers · 47 · 6 years ago · 1/72, Black Cats, Hobby Boss, Lynx, RN, Westland
  • Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Allen you've seem to the master builder of all things that have wings going in circles. I've only build one chopper, a CH-47, and I don't remember it being a lot of fun. I do have a OH-13 Sioux in the stash so I may try doing another one. You really do excellent work on these.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Thanks Tom, have a go, although I think they may not be the easiest to build, I have a couple to do in 1/72 !

• Profile Photo

Some decals on, a bit more black on its back and some masking on the rotor ready for metalizer leading edge.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Looking great Allan - those decals are spectacular - great choice - and execution is very good indeed!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Paul, MM 1402 on rotor, stripy decals on tail rotor and port side with all the decals.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 2 months ago:

That my friend is some amazing decal work ! It sort of reminds me of the B-24 "A Dragon and his Tail" with the art work going down the whole side of the airframe...

• Profile Photo

Thanks Louis, you're right, they do look good, the rotor now needs a bit more paint on the hub !

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Looking fantastic Allan. Decals are very nice and the details on the rotors are looking good.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Fantastic chopper, Allan. How were the decals to fix? Difficult?

• Profile Photo

Thanks Ferry, ---------------

Thanks David, the decals are a little thick with the different layers of color, put on with Future as usual and some help from Mr Mark Softer and a pointy stick in places !

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Hello there Allan. Any updates on the rotor ?
    From what I have seen with the rest of the building it's going to be fantastic !

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Thanks Louis, the rotor is painted, a few details added, masking on ready for some Xtra flat.

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Great progress Allan, another fine helo build.

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Allan, looking really good!

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Thanks Robert, ----------- thanks Bernard, ---- Xtra flat on, a few more bits to go !