opps, my lunch break is almost finished..! I'll describe shortly
1/72 P-61B from Dragon model.
Ivory color oil washing, Finished with acrylic gloss paint tapped/ brushed irregularly for adding realistic reflection. all technic is same as I use[...]
I just found out about this show a couple of days ago and so popped along this morning. Had a great time and snapped a few photos if you are interested...most are dioramas.
Reminiscent of Rob's recent 'End of the Line' build, but clearly this [...]
Warning: This is a lengthier than usual post, so read on at your own peril.
History of the Bird
The P-38M captured my imagination some time ago, and I decided this point in my return to modeling was my chance to act. In fact, my digging ar[...]
About a zillion years ago when Monogram first released their 48th scale
P-61 Black Widow, I built the black version but I have no recollection what ever happened to it. Over the years I always wanted to do the natural metal version, which re[...]
After a year of sitting on the shelf of doom the P-61 is finally done. Finished with Tamiya paints, weathered with flory wash and finish with Alclad matt coat. Decals was from Kits World . Enjoy :)
While helping take care of my Dad these last six months I've spent a lot of time at my parents house. I managed to find my Black Widow that I started somewhere between middle school and high school in the late 80's early 90's. I painted it with[...]
Here is my 1/48 scale Great Wall Hobby P-61A Black Widow. The kit is finished with the markings of “Lady Gen” 42-5544 flown by Capt. Eugene Lee from 422nd Night Fighter Squadron in 1945. The 422nd Squadron was the first to operate the P-61 in[...]
Finally Lady Gen finished. You can see some more pictures of the finished model from Work in Progress aircraft section.
You can watch constructions steps from Work in Progress :Aircraft section.
I wanted something other than the usual "Black" Widow, so I chose a scheme I'd seen in photos here and there....OD over neutral gray. The canopy sections were both a PITA to mask and to apply open. Probably could've been done better. I attempted[...]