iModeler December Awards
It feels like the New Year’s holiday was only a moment ago, but oh my gosh! we’re already in the middle of January. Here’s the announcement of our December winners.
There were a total of 97 articles added during the month, prompting 1613 readers’ comments. As usual, we’re awarding the iModeler Best in Show title to the entry that wins the jury’s prize, but also list runner-ups as Honorable Mentions. We think that all are great modeling accomplishments that deserve recognition.
iModeler Best in Show – December 2014
Topping the jury’s list this month is the 1/48 Tamiya Dornier Do-335A Pfeil by Tolga Ulgur. Tolga had previously won the Best in Show award in August 2013, and thus becomes the second double- winner in iModeler’s history. Tolga’s out-of-the-box approach in this build demonstrates that great modeling can be achieved even without resorting to any extras. Inspirational!
Have a look at Tolga’s other creations at his iModeler blog.
But wait, there is more!
We are also awarding a prize as a token of appreciation to all our contributors. This is selected through an entirely random draw among the entries of the month. This time, our lucky winner is Bernard Wylie with his Diamond t 969A Wrecker. Thank you for adding these armor models to iModeler!
Honorable Mentions: Our Extraordinary Finalists
(in no particular order)
1. K. J. Bricknell – 1/32 SBD-4 Dauntless, No 25 Squadron RNZAF, Espiritu Santo Island, 1944
2. Bernard Wylie – Diamond t 969A Wrecker (yes, here’s our Random Award winner again)
3. Phil Steele – 1/72 Canadian Piasecki HUP-3
4. Steve E – C-130H “Damien” – 40th Airlift Squadron “Screaming Eagles” – 1/72 Italeri E to H conversion
5. Marek Halas – ICM Yak-9DD
5 additional images. Click to enlarge.