Having completed my Battle of Britain series I decided to actually build something for myself for a change. I settled on building some pre-war Spitfires using the new Airfix Mk1kit in 1:48 and here is the first one built as one of 19 Squadron’s aircraft after the adoption of the WZ codes. With its two blade prop, simple gun sight and pre-war markings it looks quite different to most Spitfires. I’m intending to do the earlier colours scheme soon with silver underneath and the red/white/blue/yellow roundels.
The kit is built out of the box apart from the instrument panel (Yahu) and seatbelts (Eduard). All paint is GSI Creos except for the flat finish which is Microscale.
I’ve posted this on Hyperscale too and I’ve put big versions of the pictures there if anyone would like to see them:
6 additional images. Click to enlarge.