iModeler February Awards
Once again it is time for our monthly retrospective – a look back at some of the notable articles posted at this site during February.
February was an excellent month, with 150 new entries adorning the headlines of iModeler during the period, prompting an impressive 2,500 comments and 35,300 individual article reads.
According to our long-standing tradition we are giving away a pair of awards as a token of appreciation to our contributors. The jury panel this month were @editor, @halvarvonflake, @magnusf, @aisak, @rickard-malmborg and @raikisan.
Every month, all Headline contributions are included in our traditional honorary prize draw. We’re looking for the entries that represent the month’s highlight in terms of modeling quality and presentation. We also allot an award to a randomly chosen article to emphasize that all contributions to this site deserve recognition.
Click here to register and take part in our next monthly roundup!
iModeler Best in Show – February 2018
The jury’s Best in Show award goes to Gábor Szabó’s scratchbuilt 1/48 GTC-85 Air Transportable APU. Now this is something different – small, obscure, and very creative. And it is not every day that a scratch project is accompanied by such insightful writing and reference pictures which basically let you recreate Gábor’s whole process.
But wait, there is more! – the Random Award
We are also awarding a prize as a token of appreciation to all our contributors. This is selected through an entirely random draw among all the entries of the month. This time, our lucky winner is Robert Royes and his Supermodel Macchi C.202 Folgore.
Honorable Mentions: Our 11 Fabulous Finalists
(in no particular order)
1. Aleksandar Sekularac – Just some ladders…
2. Adam – Spitfire Mk. Vb Jan Zumbach’s EN951 1:32 Hobby Boss, Eduard
3. Nguyen Huy Hoang – Special Hobby 1/48 Saab Viggen AJ-37
4. Matt Minnichsoffer – 1942 Harley-Davidson WLA by Italeri
5. Darren Dickerson – 1/48 Tamiya P-47D RB – Tuskegee
6. Richard Mcstay – Porsche 918 Spyder
7. Tom Cleaver – Rest Models 1/48 Polikarpov I-5
8. Laurie Taite – T-55 in the rough
9. Gábor Szabó – Miles in Her Majesty’s Service
10. George Johnson – 1/48 Hasegawa QF-4 Aerial Target Conversion
11. Paul Barber – Battle of Kasserine Pass Group Build: U-81 Revell 1/350th (The U-Boat That Sank my Great Uncle Artie)
11 additional images. Click to enlarge.