iModeler June Awards
A bit of panic struck last week as we realized that it’s already past the middle of July and time was really pressing to conclude our monthly contest. Today, after numerous discussions but without further ado, it is my sincere pleasure to bring your the results of our deliberations.
A word of explanation about our contest. All Headline contributions are included in our traditional monthly prize draw. We’re awarding the Best in Show title to the entry that in the eyes of the jury represents the month’s highlight in terms of modeling quality and presentation. We also allot a second award to a randomly chosen article to emphasize that all contributions to this site deserve recognition.
Please don’t hesitate to join iModeler and take part in our next monthly roundup.
iModeler Best in Show – June 2018
This month’s jury award goes to Gary Sausmikat and his vignette “Saturday, Dec 6th, 1941…”. The jury liked everything about this simple dio, not only the aircraft, but also the perfectly executed water and the pair of figures that add a context and an intriguing story. The design of the dio appears simple but one should not be fooled – it takes thought, effort and skill to successfully create a scene that “takes you there” in the way that this model does. Well done!
Gary’s other contribution this month, a wooden Brig Niagara, also deserves a mention.
But wait, there is more!
We are also awarding a prize as a token of appreciation to all our contributors. This is selected through an entirely random draw among all the entries of the month. This time, our lucky winner is the “Old Missouri” by Carmelo Rodrigo.
Honorable Mentions: Our 11 Extraordinary Finalists
The can only be one main award, but all the following contributions are equally wonderful!
(listed in no particular order)
1. Won-hui Lee – 1/700 BB-34 USS New York
2. Ebroin Song – FlyHawk 1/700 HMS Prince of Wales.
3. Dmitry Stropalov – Hurricane Mk.I early (Airfix 1/72)
4. Fabrizio Faggion – British Scammell TRMU 30
5. Andrew Frill – Tamiya 1/48 P-47M 61st FS
6. Won-hui Lee – The Battle of Malaya 10. December. 1941
7. Tolga ULGUR – 1/32 Eduard / Alley cat Messerschmitt Bf-109D-1
8. Young Min, Jang – 1/35 1948 Summer (Korea)
9. Sebastijan Videc – Dassault Mirage 4000
10. David Polak – Hasegawa 1/20 IDF patrol dron
11. Bogdan Ionete – Whippet Mk.A tank
11 additional images. Click to enlarge.