Revell 1/29th scale X-Wing Fighter – Work In-Progress
I thought you’d like to see some shots of my current project. Revell’s X-Wing fighter kit is the largest injection molded iteration of George Lucas’ iconic spaceship. While big is cool, the kit leaves a lot to be desired.
1. It’s a snap-tite kit. This is okay, but the plastic is very thick and toy like.
2. It’s pre-painted…badly pre-painted. The entire model will require a repaint. This model is an excellent candidate for the “ILM” treatment.
3. It has the worst pilot figure in the history of pilot figures. It’s pre-painted vinyl. Dump it and buy Falcon 3D Parts replacement X- Wing pilot.
4. The cannons have huge holes on the underside. Once again, dump them for the Falcon 3D Parts replacements.
5. R2 looks great. If you don’t mind a huge gap in his dome. To fix, fill and sand and painstakingly repaint the dome.
As you can see in my pics, I’m just getting started. There’s a lot and I mean A LOT more to do. I’ll post Part Two of this saga as more progress is made. Until then, enjoy.
If you’re interested in learning more about the Falcon 3D Parts X-Wing pilot, watch my video on You Tube:
8 additional images. Click to enlarge.