Pilatus PC 21, 1/32 Scale Scratch Build, Part 14
Look Ma,” No Cheese”…….. Well here we go again, been back from the DRC for a week, and I managed to do some building, this is what I have been up to, you will see the additions on the pictures.
1. Built the exhaust’s for the engine, very difficult, and a mind boggle, I tried everything to bend copper tube, even checked You Tube, filling tube with salt, sand …..etc, nothing worked, the tube kinked every time. Eventually, I made and exhaust out of laminated plastic, sanded it round, then added a piece of copper tube to the end and sanded it down to represent the real aircraft, not easy, but it worked in the end. I also added lead to the nose before I installed the exhausts, now I can get rid of the smelly cheese. I hope you approve.
2. Made the rudder and painted.
3. Nose wheel gear doors.
4. Control columns and rudder pedals
5. Engine cover.
6. HUD lenses.
7. Painted de-icing boots on the leading edge and walk way strips.
8. Started shaping the canopy and getting ready to get it vac formed in the next day or two.
This has been a long and challenging build, as I was taking the pictures for this post, I just cant believe that this all started with a roll of plastic card. This build is at about 90% completed, just a few things left, then I will post the completed model. I hope you all have enjoyed the posting of the build, it has been fun and inspiring to get all your comments.
I finally got my delivery in the post from Fischer Model and Pattern, cant wait to start, I will be posting some Reno air racers soon……….
I will post the completed build next,
11 additional images. Click to enlarge.