2018: Review of Accomplishments
It started it out as a plan that was quite ambitious for as I am not a quick builder. Juggling different projects along with life itself cuts into my building time. But to complete 8 projects new and long term was a good year. With the RAF GB taking the bulk of the work along the end of the "Year of the Cat GB" as well. Mixed with independent and older projects as well the year just flew by. It was good to get some time in on the armor stuff and actually completed a tank.
Here is the planned build list from January this year.
- Tamiya Mitsubishi G4M1 Betty-New "in progress"
- Tamiya Bristol Beaufighter Mk.VI (RAF GB)-New, completed
- Tamiya Avro Lancaster Mk.III Dambuster (RAF GB)-shelf dweller since 2000, finally
- Revell Eurofighter Typhoon (RAF GB)-New, completed
- Revell Blackburn SB.2 Buccanneer (RAF GB)-New-completed
- Hasegawa Sikorsky SH-60B-another shelf dweller-completed
- Airfix Martin B-26B Marauder-2016 backburner-in progress
- Academy AM General M-1025 Humvee-off n on since 1992 almost done
- Esci/Ertl AM General M-998 Humvee-in progress
10.Tamiya Jagdpanzer IV L/70 Lang-completed
- Hasegawa General Dynamics F-111D Aardvark-New in progress
- Tamiya Douglas F4D-1 Skyray-New-in progress
- Kitty Hawk Sepecat Jaguar Gr. Mk1 -2017 leftover-completed
Tamiya Chance-Vought F-4U Corsair -2017 leftover-completed
Looking forward to the new year with 3 GB's to start as well as finishing up some older builds.
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah
Job well done. II liked them all. Favorite, the Jaguar GR1 RAF operation Grandby.
Thanks Dirk, that build was the most intense I have had to work with in quite a while. But in the end it worked out ok.
It sure looks great, Chuck. I can't exactly pick a favorite, but the F4U is right up near the top of the "list." The Jag is outstanding - your "intense" work sure paid off! On ALL of them.
Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Jeff, the Corsair was fun to build, everything others have said about the Tam Corsair and then some. The Kitty Hawk Jag was one that I can say was challenging, but hey it's just a hobby and it does have it's moments with certain kits. And just takes patience and perseverance. Happy New Year!
That's an impressive line up Chuck. I like them all, but I must admit to a soft spot for the Corsair. Happy New Year!
Thanks Tony, happy New Year, the Corsair was my favorite USN fighter of WWII. I understand the soft spot very well. Whats nice on occasion I will see one or two flying out of Chino, probably heading out to a show somewhere.
A very, very impressive build portfolio for ‘18. I like all of these for different reasons; the Lanc for your perseverance and a great WiP, the Corsair for that great paint job, the Sikorsky for its sheer realism, the Marauder because...well, because I love the plane.
It’s been a pleasure following these and I can tell you, Chuck, I’ll be around for more (hopefully much more) in ‘19.
Great and impressive builds over 2018. My favorite for sure is the Tamiya Beaufighter, absolute love this one. Enjoyed reading your build adventures and look forward to 2019. Happy New Year!