New Sherman from Meng in the Pipeline
Oh boy… after last year’s Panther frenzy, it looks like Meng is going Allied. They just announced their upcoming M4A3(76)w – a Sherman with the 76mm gun in T23 turret that is. Looking at the 3D renderings and reading Meng’s description, it is going to feature
– an early T23 turret with the split loader’s hatch,
– an early pattern hull which glacis plate differed slightly from later production runs,
– T48 rubber pad tracks with extended end connectors (“duck bills”),
– mid-production VVSS suspension with straight return roller arms and raised rollers,
– pressed spoke road wheels and idlers,
– PE parts for brush guards,
– metal cable.
– The first batch will also include a metal barrel.
Not much can be said about the surface texture of the cast elements at this point, but as Meng states, “(t)his kit features fairly complete equipment cast numbers and realistic surface details”. So there you go.
There is no release date yet, but we’ll keep you updated as soon as we get new information. And in case you couldn’t tell, the Shermanoholic in me is having a blast.