“Moskito”, not “Mosquito”
Focke-Wulf Ta 154 was a German counterpart of the famous British Mosquito, so-called "wooden wonder." Although it was designed as a night fighter, this particular aircraft (W. Nr.32003) that I built was used as a twin-engined trainer, according to Murawski and Rys (Mongraphs 3D Edition #51, published by Kagero 2013). So, it has no characteristic radar antennae on the nose. This kit was built OOB, except for seat belts added (Fine Molds German seat belts). The camouflage was composed of fine spots of RLM75 on 76. I'm not fully satisfied with the finish, because many spots were "splashed"; I have to learn to control the airbrush more accurately. In addition, by a closer look of the photographs of this aircraft (for example: https://ww2db.com/image.php?image_id=9567) after the kit was finished, I noticed that the inside color of the fuselage Balkenkeuze was possibly not black, but grey (74 or 75?). Thank you for watching, and any comment is welcome!
I like it, that mottling seems on spot (no pun intended). I have this kit in the stash for sooo long
Thank you Pedro. I hope you show your own Ta154 on this website some day.
I agree with Pedro on the mottling, it looks fine. Unfortunately Monogram only supplies the VS11 propellers with the kit. The version you've modeled had VS9 props that were more of a paddle blade type. Cutting Edge resin did replacement props for this kit but as they're OOB they may be hard to find. Great job on this Shun!
Thank you, Dale! Actually, I noticed the kit propellers (VS-9) were not suitable for the particular aircraft of my subject. Because I only had ONE replacement propeller that looked like VS-11 in my spare parts box, I decided to use the kit parts with "eyes shut"...It's a shame.
i agree with the first two comments on the camo...like the leopard that ate the hot dog it just hits the spot...and seldom seen
Lesser spotted Moskito. Or greater spotted? Either way, it’s spotted, and it’s great. That background is terrific for showing her off, too.
Stunning camo work...very nice!
Actually, this camouflage is called the "cloudy" effect, and is achieved by painting the entire upper surface area in RLM75, then going over it with a "scribble" random pattern with RLM76. It seems counterintuitive but that's how you do it. The camouflage was also used on the He-219. For your future reference.
Thank you Tom for the useful information!
Outstanding camo - makes for a stunning finish!
Thank you Paul for the encouraging words!
🙂 … Greetings … 🙂 :
Very nice work Shun, you might have doubts on the camouflage, but too tell you the truth … it looks good from what can be seen in the pictures posted, nice job.
Thank you, DE4EVER!
It's a good-looking model! Well done.
Thank you, Greg! I'm happy with your comment.