Restoring an old friend.
This article is part of a series:
Well hello everyone, I’m back and I’ve noticed I haven’t posting anything in a while, so thought I would just bring everyone up to date with what I’m doing. So this a hasagawa 1/48 scale p-51 mustang that was in horrible condition. (I forgot to take pics of it before I removed the paint, but believe me it was in pretty bad condition.) I removed all its old paint by soaking in brake fluid for 36hr-48hr. ( I’ve tested this brake fluid on other model pieces before hand, so it did damage or harden any of the pieces.) Then I cleaned with some oil removing soap, Dawn dish soap, and gave it a new interior paint job. I’ll be posting more pics after finish a little bit more on it, but that might take a little while because of decal finding, spare parts and more cleaning. So for now hope you enjoy these pictures and thanks for looking.
6 additional images. Click to enlarge.