Testors 1/48 OV-10A Bronco Workbench update
This article is part of a series:
Hello my friends,
I can see things are really tough for poor Italy, Spain and others gradually not looking too good as well. Here in Greece things start to escalate in a bad way, we will see how it goes. Hoping for the best, believing that somehow we will prevail, let’s be exhastively thorough taking the necessary precautions…as best as we can.
Somehow modeling relaxes me and helps me overcome this difficulty more smoothly.
So here is my Bronco’s landing gear after the main gear legs surgery (see the last three pics). I also drilled 6 holes on each inner attrocious main wheel hub circumferentially, to simulate the corresponding brake 6-piston calpipers. It looks less worse now…
I send you, my fellow modelers, and everyone, my best regards. Hold on!
Here is my workbench update for the 1/48 Testors Brronco. The kit is extremely basic in many areas and also has some significant shape faults. I somehow fell in love with it! I decided to leave most faults “as is” and tried to scratchbuilt whatever I can: seats, rest of cockpit, exhausts, wheel wells, a centerline drop tank etc.
The thing is that, due to my carelessness and superficiality I didn’t focus at the atrocious main gear legs, their base is totally wrong! I painted it black, trying to simulate that there are two struts there and not an appalling triangle. Look at the awful result! I tried to live with this for 8 hours…I can’t! I am starting a surgery…
8 additional images. Click to enlarge.