The model’s official name is:
“De Havilland Mosquito NF. Mk II/F/B.Mk.VI/FB. Mk. XVIII.”
I started to build this o.o.b. model back on August 31, 2015 and finish it on September 17, 2015. I forgot its’ official name and to this day; (10-02-20) I still call it my “Black Mosquito.”
On page six of the instruction’s it shows a paint selection, so I chose the all black one, cause it’s easier to paint a model all one color than go to a camouflage paint scheme. Remember: I had shaky hands and as time goes by they get worse.
The first few photos show no flashing on any of the parts so it seam’s like I would have no problem’s during assembly.
I started on the 2 engine’s & wheel wells before they were attach to the wing and before the wing’s were attached to the fuselage. I even made sure that the completed tire/rim combo fit on the landing gear strut’s. The kit’s cockpit was next so I just put it together and painted it along with the instrument panel. It seems like I installed the unpainted tail wheel before it was painted. I show the model’s fuselage together with the wings attached and I have a nice photo showing some sanding on the fuselage joints.
It’s done, including some panel line re-scribing so it is Tamiya Gloss Black Paint time.
Of course I check the model over from “A to Z” before I add the kit decals, cause once they are on, I’m unable to fix any of the flaws.
I always open up my airplane canopies so you can see into the cockpit, but I don’t know why I didn’t saw the windscreen and canopy apart on this model.
28 additional images. Click to enlarge.