1/144 ms-06s zaku ii
The first time I built Gundam models from Bandai.
The kit is easy to assemble, and everything fits well. The decals are dry transfers. They are thick, and they don’t conform to the surface. I found some wet transfer replacement decal on eBay. The quality is terrible, and the resolution is horrible. Luckily it worked with the micro-sol solution.
I made the mistake of assembling the major components first. Masking became a much greater effort than needed. I paint the whole model with aluminium using Vallejo metal colour for the chipping effect.
It seems to work.
I used the same weathering technique as in any armour models.
It is fun to do something different.
4 additional images. Click to enlarge.