I mostly do 1/48 USN and British Commonwealth aircraft, all eras. I also have a weakness for WW1 German planes and 1/700 ships.
This is a 1/48 Revell F/A-18E kit that I completed in November of 2012. I finished it with Humbrol enamels and CAM decals. The model depicts the CO's plane when detached to USS Ronald Reagan during her maiden journey from Norfolk to the west c[...]
This is an almost self-building Tamiya kit. Painted and finished with Humbrol enamels and Superscale decals. The only thing I really added to this one was a set of Eduard belts.
This is a DML kit modified to the early rounded wingtip configuration. I built this one last year, finishing it with Humbrol enamels and an ancient MSAP decal sheet that performed as if it were brand new. This was the last old DML WW1 kit in [...]
This is an Esci kit that I mproved with some parts from the spares box and scratchbuilt. These old Esci Phantoms build well, have recessed panel lines, and are pretty accurate in shape. They lack details in the cockpit and afterburner areas. [...]
This is a Sierra Scale vacuform kit from around 1988. These were outstandingly crisp vac kits that were the only game in town for many WW1 types years ago. Sierra Scale kits build superbly. I painted it with Humbrol enamels and used model rai[...]
This is a Pegasus limited run kit from the late '80s. It's still one of my favorite models. I scratchbuilt my first cockpit using the Windsock Datafile as a reference on this one I used kit markings, Superscale lozenge, brass wire rigging, an[...]
This is the Meikraft kit that appeared around 1989. I eagerly awaited this one to be released! It is a first generation limited run injection molded kit that still holds up well in my opinion. I used modified Berthold markings from a Revell F[...]
Outstanding 1/48 Tamiya kit finished with equally outstanding decals from Aeromaster's RNZAF special package. You really can't go wrong with a Tamiya Corsair.
This is a 1/48 Otaki kit built in 2002. I followed the Aeromaster decals painting instructions which stated that the Ocean Gray portions of this plane were over-sprayed with "Mixed Green". They described this green as a lighter version of inte[...]
My latest Spitfire. It's an Airfix 1/48 kit. Completed about a month ago using Humbrol enamels and an old Eaglestrike sheet for the Rhodesian markings. I never get tired of Spitfires!