My Italeri 1/35 Staghound done as when used by the Southern Rhodesian Armoured Car Regiment (SRACR) during the Rhodesia & Nyasaland Federation days.
It is based on the one on display at the Zimbabwe Military museum, Gweru.
Paints used were [...]
I completed this model in Feb 2020.
It is an OOB kit and the only mod is the canvas cover over the spare wheel which has been moved to the roof.
Paints used were air brushed and paint brushed Vallejo Model Color.
I was going to do the Typhoon class submarine as the 'Red October' to make the 2 as part of 'The Hunt for Red October' theme I was doing.
I then did not complete the Typhoon class as the Red October as that would have meant I would need 2 x Typh[...]
My 1/72 Airfix Vosper MTB.
All I have replaced is the steps on the rear. Cut the solid ones off and made new ones from thin copper wire, also made a ring on the bow for the anchor rope as well as made a coiled anchor rope, but wire on the side r[...]
My recently completed GCT 155mm AU-F1 on a T-72 chassis.
This was mainly an OOB with only the barrel being an aftermarket metal one.
Paint used is Vallejo Model Color No 128: 70.824 German Cam Orange Ochre. Last 2 pics are in natural light and t[...]
Here is my now completed Tamiya Flakpanzer Gepard.
This was painted using a brush and Vallejo Model Color paints.
WIP: My next project - a 1/35 Tamiya Flakpanzer Gepard, kit No 35099.
This will be done as far as possible as an OOB build. The only mods are some of the vent holes under the turret rear being filled in and the others drilled out, then a deck pl[...]
Now completed - my 1/35 TAKOM G6 'Rhino'
I have done it in to overall brown used by the SA Army during the bush war and up to 1994. It is shown with its spades/feet down and up as these are working.
Paints used for main colour - Vallejo 70.921[...]
Latest calling it done - a 1/35 TRC Lorraine 37L.
Load done using balsa blocks on a flat piece, then covered with tissue pasted down with watered down PVA glue.
My recently completed SD.KFZ 135 Ambulans.
This is a captured French vehicle put into use by the Germans at Stalingrad.
It was painted using Vallejo German Grey then lightened using Vallejo Basalt Grey.
The canvas on the rear was made using tiss[...]