Airbus A400M 70 Squadron (ZM406)

Started by Ray Seppala · 42 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Ray Seppala said 5 years, 5 months ago:

The Atlas is on its legs now and gloss coated, Some more paintwork to go and a few doors and antennas to install. Though I would pose it with an old RAF workhorse to give an idea of size.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    David Mills said 5 years, 5 months ago:

Impressive Ray great progress!

• Profile Photo

Thanks, Dave, and is now complete.

12 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 5 years, 5 months ago:

Beautiful! Excellent work.

• Profile Photo
    Peter Hausamann said 5 years, 5 months ago:

Wow, the final stages came together fairly quickly. Very impressive finish. Love the shots with lighting . . . signifies crew onboard.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 5 years, 5 months ago:

Fantastic Ray! An absolute gem bringing the RAF 100 GB right up to date. I’d sell my soul of course for an F35 from 617 Sqn but with the current plastic that seems fairly distant, and can be added as a final touch after the fact. All of that said, your brilliant 70 Sqn Atlas brings us fantastically into the ‘current’. Well done! This will be an absolute sensation in the final reveal. Love it!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 years, 5 months ago:

Man oh Man what a beaut ! I'll bet that this one takes up a little real estate to display.
    Like our friend Peter stated, the lighting inside takes it over the top.

Well done !

• Profile Photo

Thanks gents, yes it came together quickly with a deadline to meet. Here are some pictures with my other RAF models that will grace a club display this weekend (all 1/72). I will take pictures of the display and share in the next couple of days.
    I will also endeavour to get some better pictures of the A400M in the next week or so rather than ion my crappy workbench cutting mat.

7 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 5 years, 5 months ago:

WoW! This is fantastic! You have quite a formation / collection of RAF greats. Bravo, Ray!

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 5 years, 5 months ago:

Lovely work Ray, looks good, also with your others, the lighting is a nice touch, well done !

• Profile Photo

Some better pictures

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 5 years, 5 months ago:

You must be so pleased Ray, it just looks better and better. Nice light for the photos and those details are really standing out!