Final Call and Final Reveal April 1st 2019 - the end of the 100th Year

Started by Paul Barber · 1 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 5 years, 1 month ago:

Greetings all and thanks for your patience. The RAF centenary year officially ends on March 31st. I have decided to post the last presentation then as it seems a fitting point at which to wrap.

This change results from 3 or 4 factors, but is (mostly) down to me! I hung in a little too long hoping for some builds to go to completion - totally understandable that they didn't upon reflection, everything from major life events to loss of interest from various members - and that's in no way a judgement just a cognisance of the fact that those things happen. Second up, having hung on, I started a new role at work and had to put everything into that. And if I am honest the last of the factors was that I was a bit burned out on RAF100 and having to deal with the admin side. Even when it was 'over' and I was set to get going again, and as I looked forward to 2019 builds, joined up to group builds; I just lost my drive for 'Forum Life' and the plastic. If you look back at my more recent posts in the movie group, you'd probably start to understand why.

Anyway, here's hoping my short break has done me well. I am tidying up the bench a bit this weekend and getting to the point where if the spirit takes me I will be able to get the airgun out again and put some fingerprints on an ill-fitting pile of plastic without hating it, quite so much!

So here is a final call! The presentation is done to the point where if anyone wants anything putting into it (editing is not so hard from this point) it can happen, and if not it is ready to go. Any outstanding builds or even RAF subjects you have done in the last year that were not in the group can still go in. Otherwise the clock will run down and I am hoping modelling life will start again (for me) on April 1st!

Again, thanks for you patience!