BAC Jet Provost T4, XR707 45, The Vipers, 2 FTS RAF Syerston England 1968.

Started by Allan J Withers · 28 · 5 years ago · 1/72, 100yotRAF GB, aerobatic, Airfix, BAC, Jet Provost, RAF, The Vipers
  • Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years ago:

Thanks Bernard, we're all cursed ! -------------------

thanks Tom, do so ! ----------------

thanks Stellan, it's bright !

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 6 years ago:

Allan, like the comment about mental illness, some folks suffer from it, I enjoy it!

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 5 years, 11 months ago:

I think I can call this finished now, details done and my own printing of The Vipers titles for the wing tip tanks !

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 5 years, 11 months ago:

Like! A lot! You make me think of getting mine out. (I'll sleep on that 🙂 )

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 5 years, 11 months ago:

Very nice! Love that scheme - it really makes what is an otherwise "boring" aircraft stand out!

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 5 years, 11 months ago:

This is just brilliant Allan, a change in direction to strip everything back would send most modellers into a total spin! And you have not only managed a 'save' you have created an absolutely stunning model. I really think it is one of your best, and that's a big call, I know! The metal surface is faultless, as are the decals. The printing you have done yourself is spot on too - making this even more unique.

Sometimes it is not about the subject - it is about the sheer quality of a build, and you have really delivered on that. Myself, I am a real fan of this aircraft - I like its shape and character - it is however, not often seen. After this I think a few more of us will be looking for these!

Allan, you have been brilliant for this GB, your subjects are 'off the beaten track' and we are so much the better for it. Your back catalogue has also been a real treasure trove for the 'past builds' section. Thanks so much for everything you've done and for the coming builds, and congratulations on being the first to complete a new build in the RAF100 GB. It is very fitting, given your overall contribution that you kick us off with such an outstanding model! This will be a very tough act to follow!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Tom, you should ! -----------------

Thanks Greg, why boring ? ----------------------

Thank you Paul, your appreciation is appreciated, happy to be part of this GB !

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 5 years, 11 months ago:

Allan, she's a beauty! Well done!

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 11 months ago:

Allan, this is a gorgeous little project that has turned a lot of heads for very good reason. The subject, the colors, and your clear passion and skill all shine through. Huge well done on a brilliant piece of work.

• Profile Photo

Thank you Bernard, -----------------------

Thank you David, ------------- glad you all like it, I do too !

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 5 years, 3 months ago:

Finished and posted in headlines and reveal !

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 5 years, 3 months ago:

Beautiful!

@kalamazoo

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 5 years, 3 months ago:

Thanks Jeff.