Inventory

Started by Paul Barber · 92 · 5 years ago · Group, Inventory, RAF, RAF100
  • Profile Photo
    Frederick J Seitz III said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Sorry about that Paul.
    The Lanc will be the Tamiya kit.
    the 1:32 Spitfire will be the Revell of Germany kit
    The Lightning and the Hurricane, are both the new Airfix kits...(I thought I should add a couple of kits by an English manufacturer appropriate for an RAF anniversary, no?) LOL

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Thanks, Frederick - certainly no need to apologise! And yes some high quality Airfix plastic is fitting LOL!

Tom, thank you so much for those - The SE5 was one of the very first 'RAF' aircraft so that is great. Really looking forward to seeing the Tiffy and the Hawk too - great choices! Thank you.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Paul, I will have a go at one of the Valiants that did atomic testing in Australia around 1956, not sure which one as yet ! and a Jet Provost or so of RAF aerobatic teams 1960's - 70's, maybe some others as well !

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Allan, thank you so much. These are wonderfully thoughtful choices - they have a unique place in RAF history and represent less commonly built subjects. They also fill a significant gap in the timeline. For all of these things I am grateful. Thank you - I can't wait to see them take shape!

• Profile Photo
    Robert Paschall said 6 years, 4 months ago:

I'm in with the Hasegawa 1/48 Sabre MK. VI. The Airfix Tomahawk MK. IIB is a maybe I'll get that in also.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 6 years, 3 months ago:

Excellent choices Robert, thanks for joining in! Not so commonly built in RAF colours so very much looking forward to this one!

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 3 months ago:

Paul, I will add this as well, I started it a while ago but had problems with the painting, still working on it, Red Arrows 2000.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

That's fantastic Allan - it wouldn't be complete without the reds! I'll add it above!

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 6 years, 3 months ago:

Hello Paul, as I said earlier I'm in on this GB as well. First one I put in will be the Airfix 1/72 Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR.1 It's a new tooling from Airfix and I'm building one from No.1 (F) squadron, RAF Wittering 1970.
    I will add another kit to this GB but I let you know which one.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Fantastic Ferry, really happy you have chosen a Harrier! Iconic plane - have added you to the inventory - thank you so much!

• Profile Photo
    neil foster said 6 years, 3 months ago:

Hi Paul, if it's o.k. to include stuff we already built you can put me down for a Gloster Pioneer 1/48 and Gloster Meteor Mk1 prototype 1/48 already and I will have something which I will build just for the occaision though I haven't decided what yet.
    N.

• Profile Photo

Hi Neil, they are fantastic additions - I am going to add another inventory of pre-built models - when I do I will add these straight away. The Gloster Pioneer - is something special! Can you let me know the kit manufacturers and confirm the year or 'decade' the planes were 'in service': I know the Pioneer was 1941(ish) - the Meteor had a long lifespan - however as a prototype I am saying 1943-4. Let me know? Cheers and thanks for these brilliant additions!

• Profile Photo
    neil foster said 6 years, 3 months ago:

Hi Paul ,the Gloster Pioneer E28/39 is the Special Hobby kit in 1/48 , the aircraft first flew on 15 May 1941 and the Gloster Meteor Mk1 prototype #5 also in 1/48 is the Tamaya kit and this aircraft first flew on 5 march 1943.
    Looking forward to this amazing display Paul.
    N.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 3 months ago:

Paul here are a couple I prepared earlier, if you would like to add them to your already built inventory, CFS RAF Gazelles aero team 1975 and 4 FTS RAF Yellowjacks aero team 1964.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Fantastic additions Allan - love the Yellowjack! This made me wonder if anyone had ever done a Hawker Hunter as a 'Black Arrow' - they must have been a sight!

All posted to the 'previous build' inventory - thanks so much for the contribution!