Inventory

Started by Paul Barber · 92 · 5 years ago · Group, Inventory, RAF, RAF100
  • Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 3 months ago:

Thanks Paul, the 22 Hunters (14 black) looping at Farnborough in 1958 would have been something to see !

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 6 years, 3 months ago:

Allan, "Treble 1" , indeed!

• Profile Photo

Paul, Eduard 1/48 SE-5A, Hispano-Suiza.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 6 years, 3 months ago:

Excellent news Bernard - good to see some of the earliest aircraft being represented - very interested to see the new Eduard version shape up! Thank you!

• Profile Photo

Paul, it's a beaut. Engine detail (depending on kit) for the Hisso or the Viper. Profipak(both of them) have photoetch and multiple markings choices. I'm doing 56 Squadron with the Hisso, which will look familiar. Weekend kit (just out, $10 cheaper here in the former Colonies) has the Viper, and 2 choices, both postwar, Grinnell-Milnes' red fuselage one, and a U.S. Army Air Service 27th Pursuit, I think someplace in Texas. The 27th Fighter is flying the F22 these days. Quite a difference.

• Profile Photo
    Boris Rakic said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Hi Paul,
    I'm in with the Airfix 1/48 Gloster Meteor F.8 from No. 111 Squadron, RAF North Weald, 1954

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Fantastic Boris - a great choice - especially the North Weald element. There is little that has not flown out of there in RAF (and RFC) history - particularly fighters at Dunkirk and BoB - and not forgetting Allan and Bernard's 'Treble 1' which flew your Meteor too! A really good choice historically!

I know they are not all Meteors - but I can't resist adding this lot!

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Ah, what a fine film of all the teams I used to see in various magazines! 20+ Hunters! The mind boggles! That's some flying!

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Thanks for posting this Paul, now to find time to watch them !

• Profile Photo

Paul, here are a couple of Harriers to add to the previously built inventory, 1/72 Airfix P1127 1961 and 1/72 Fujimi GR 3 1970.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Allan, good to see the prototype, I can remember when it appeared. Been a fan of the aircraft ever since. Good work on both.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Hi Paul, I’m doing an anti-flash white 1/72 Airfix HP Victor. 139 Squadron, 1964.

I’m all stocked up with white paint and ready to go!

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Bernard, like all the Harriers ! -------------good choice John, always liked the Victor !

• Profile Photo

Brilliant Allan - The Harrier is such an icon of the RAF - so good to see one of the earliest versions! Have added them to the list - thank you for your massive contribution!

Can't resist posting a couple of snaps I took at Biggin Hill in 2010!

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Fantastic John - can't get enough of these V's - less often built - great addition. Thank you.