Inventory

Started by Paul Barber · 92 · 5 years ago · Group, Inventory, RAF, RAF100
  • Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years ago:

Paul, here are two previously built Mustangs, P51K=4 CV-G, P51C1=3 CV-V, both 3 Sqn, Italy 1945.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 6 years ago:

They are beautiful Allan - very happy to see those Southern Crosses! I will add them to the list! Fantastic - thank you!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Paul, I should not be so lazy, a little correction to the titles, P 51K5 Mustang 4, CV-G and P 51C1 Mustang 3, CV-V

• Profile Photo

Thanks Allan, I am no expert on Mustang variants - I am glad to be able to correct the inventory - my mistake and not laziness on your part for sure!

• Profile Photo

Just to update the inventory with the builds I will be doing for RAF100,

Spitfire Mk 1 and Hurricane Mk1; 1/48; Airfix - both will be Dunkirk planes - which will be my research focus for part for the next 6 months!

Sopwith 5F.1 Dolphin; 1/32 WNW - which flew for both RNAS and RAF in 1918

Sopwith Snipe; WNW 1/32 - 1923; 56 Sqn out of Hawkinge

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 6 years ago:

Hello Paul, I would like to add a second build next to my Harrier GR.1. I looked at the inventory and noticed that the MQ9 Reaper is still missing. I will build the 1/72 scale Italeri MQ9 from 39 Sqn RAF Waddington.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Ferry, this is really great, thank you - the RAF in the 21st century (whether we like it or not) - so the addition of a UAV is perfect. I am putting this in the '2000s' unless you let me know differently - I believe they have had their 'lifespan' extended.

• Profile Photo

Paul, if these are suitable previous builds, AS 10 Mk2 Oxford, BM704, 1 Service Flying Training School RAAF 1943 and DH 103 F 20 Sea Hornet, TT213, ARDU RAAF 1948.

• Profile Photo

'Exceptionally' suitable Allan! Thank you for being a stalwart of this group! These are both beauties and slightly off the beaten track, which is great !

There has been a tiny bit of 'Mission Creep' with the 'previous builds' list if we were being sticklers for the 'RAF' categorisation, but essentially, for me, the history of the RAF is nothing without RFC and RNAS pilots and planes to lead into it. I am going to build one that flew in both RFC and RAF service in 1918; I certainly don't consider 'Commonwealth' Royal Airforces to be even slightly part of that 'mission creep' - they are essential to the story and intrinsic to the service, as are 'yanks in roundels'!

Thanks again Allan, I will add them to the list.

• Profile Photo

Paul, two more for you, Hurricane 1, V7476, A60-1, 2 Communications Flight RAAF 1942 and Meteor F3, EE427, A77-1, 1 Aircraft Depot RAAF 1946.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 6 years ago:

RAF 100 - 1941

Airfix Blenheim IV of 105 Squadron, aircraft flown by Wing Commander Hughie Edwards on his VC mission to Bremen, April 1941 (1/72)

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

RAF 1940:

Airfix Blenheim IF, 29 Squadron, 1940-41 (1/72)

• Profile Photo

Alan and Tom - thank you both so much (again!) - between you, you own this inventory! From the 'communications flight' to the VC holders - it is exactly what this project is all about! 3 more for 100 previous builds!

• Profile Photo

RAF 100 - 1940

Airfix Defiant - 264 Squadron 1940 (1/72)

• Profile Photo

RAF 100 - 1938

Airfix Hurricane I, 111 Squadron, 1938