Inventory of Previous RAF Builds

Started by Paul Barber · 90 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    David Mills said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Hi Paul - I can offer the Revell 1/72 Hurricane iic - my first post on imodeler as it happens and in desert camo too.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Excellent stuff David - the IIc is a brilliant variant - perfect thank you!

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 6 years, 1 month ago:

@yellow10 - just saw your note about manufacturers. Some are so old that I may not remember, and didn't keep track in my early days of build. Here's what I think:

Buffalo was Matchbox,

Jaguar was Hasegawa,

Vengence I can't remember at all...

All the rest were Airfix (Westland, Defiant, Vampire, Buccaneer, Lightning).

Come to think of it, my early Buccaneer was probably FAA vs RAF. I forgot that was originally a Navy plane! However, I'm thinking my new Bucc will be RAF desert storm - like the recent Jag - so that would work!

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Greg, the Vengeance was either the old Frog kit- since issued by a couple of Eastern Europe/Russian outfits, or a Special Hobby. At least in 72nd.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Greg, could it have been this Revell issue ?

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Thanks Greg - I will update the list! Do not worry too much about the FAA issue - others are going to build FAA planes - they have been linked and unconnected over the time of the RAF - nobody will be looking too hard! I am not at all bothered if the Vengeance goes down as 'unclassified' - in fact it adds to the charm, authenticity and antique nature of some of these additions - unless Bernard or Allan have jogged your memory!

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 6 years ago:

Previous build: Revell 1/32 Hawker Typhoon Ib of 54 Squadron, modified using the uncowled (plastic) 20mm cannons of a Fly Hurricane IIc.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Previous build: Special Hobby Tempest Mk. V srs i, flown by Wing Commander Roland Beamont, summer of 1944.

• Profile Photo

Previous build: PCM Tempest V srs ii, flown by Donald "Foob" Fairbanks, Tempest ace of aces and a Yank in the RAF.

• Profile Photo

Previous build: WNW S.E.5a flown by James McCudden, 56 Squadron. Squadron resin cockpit modification, Pheon Decals.

• Profile Photo

Previous Build: WNW R.E.8

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 6 years ago:

Tom, you have saved the day in terms of the first decade in 'previous builds' - but more importantly what a beautiful set of models - thank you so, so much. Much as I think it is probably fatuous to choose favourites - that 'Arry Tate is absolutely magnificent!

• Profile Photo

You're welcome. I'll send some more.

Previous build: WNW Bristol Fighter, flown by Major Keith Park.

• Profile Photo

Previous build: WNW Sopwith Triplane

• Profile Photo

Previously built: 1930s era.

Montex 1/32 Hawker Fury of 43 Squadron 1932-34