Miles Magister Mk1, L5916, CFS RAF Upavon Wiltshire England 1937.

Started by Allan J Withers · 49 · 4 years ago · 1/72, aerobatic, CFS, Magister, Miles, RAF
  • Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 5 years, 11 months ago:

Just starting this one, doing my RAAF version at the same time, the kit has decals for this but I need to scratch build a copy of the resin rudder from the CFS build, ------- a little interior green paint on both !

7 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 5 years, 11 months ago:

Allan, not one, but two! Neat little airplane, I see belatedly it looks like a Tiger Moth, without the top wing! I have the old Frog kit someplace. Trainers are an interest of mine. Glad to see RS decided to do some. Be nice to have a new Proctor, for instance, or an Ox Box.

• Profile Photo
    paul teixeira said 5 years, 11 months ago:

That is one neat little airplane model...I want one! Look forward to seeing this finished. I dont think I ever saw this plane before.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 5 years, 11 months ago:

It's a nice kit. Here's my result.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Bernard, there is this AZ Oxford and a future release of a Vega Gull by Dora Wings, -----------

thanks Paul, --------- looks good Tom, has character !

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 5 years, 11 months ago:

Thanks, Allan! Be a nice addition to my station flight.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 5 years, 11 months ago:

It is such a delicate looking plane, Allan. Desperate times need desperate measures as the saying goes, but the idea of this being lined up as a bomber in the face of an invasion just seems hard to believe. Still, we also had the home guard and schemes for recycling metal railings for munitions. Great choice - and good to see the Aussie version going together in tandem!

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 5 years, 11 months ago:

Looks like a fun kit to build! I look forward to it. You doing that red/yellow scheme or the camo top?

• Profile Photo

Thanks Paul, -----------

Thanks Greg, the CFS display aircraft of course ! and only one option for the RAAF version !

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 5 years, 10 months ago:

Bulkheads in one side and another coat of paint !

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 5 years, 8 months ago:

A little more done, instrument panels in, seats on the wing and I don't know where I got the miss information on the rudder for the RAAF version but it's as per the three view and kit !

• Profile Photo

Control sticks rudder pedals and seat belts on, the copy of the resin rudder I made for the RAAF version on and the original rudder back on it !

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 years, 8 months ago:

You have made some good progress Allan. When I look at the side view illustration, I can see a similar plane, the Ryan PT-22. At certain angles I see the Fairchild PT-19 as well. I'll bet in 1/72 size it's tiny.

This is a great little plane... 🙂

• Profile Photo

Thanks Louis, they are similar, here's a pic with a 6" rule for comparison !

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Wheel spats together, with the nose for A15, wing lower half on and upper halves waiting to join their mates !

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.